Thursday, April 20, 2006

Goodbye ! Goodluck !

It was a fine morning. I was sitting, my neice was tugging the corner of my shirt (hellbent upon making my PC a guinea pig for her 'My first computer' practical sessions) and my aunts had a nice conversation running in the background. I was arranging a seat for myself in the crowd, warding off my crying neice, ignoring my aunts, checking emails, cursing spammers, when suddenly yahoo buzzed. I was not in a great mood to chat but the conversation turned more interesting than the 'Hello dude wassup?' kind. My internet connection, acutely distressed by this blasphemous act, rebelled and fainted. Next thing I know, Akshat posted it on his blog. This is the reason for this blog. I wasn't going to write all this but what the heck!

17th April 2006, or last Monday was the last day BE Electronics collected in the classroom as a class. I realized this fact later that day, while having dinner (Four submissions and eight hours of non-stop writing leave you weirdly numb, don't they?) Strangely for many, and rather not-so-strangely for me, I was feeling kind of happy. I could remember the other farewells I have had. The time I had to leave school, I was a bit sad but also full of hope. Leaving Sathaye was kind of neutral, since I did not have time to spend time there. No feelings. But leaving SPCE was different. I was positively happy I was going. I was also kind of sad, but not about leaving. I was more sad I had to stay on this long. Four years is a pretty long time you know. An especially long time if you have endured it and not enjoyed it.

But lets begin from the beginning.....

I still remember the day I had entered SPCE for the first time. After all, one had to submit the forms for engineering admissions. Long queues, badly managed, perhaps it should have given me the hint. But I too awestruck at that moment in time. And awe inspires imperviousness. I still considered it a privilege to walk on the hallowed corridors of this superhuman structure.

(I had put in this post as a draft. Perhaps stopped writing because of some interruption and did not continue. Let us see if I ever get down to completing it.)

No comments: